Deputy General Manager
General Manager (in the absence of a Deputy General Manager)
Team Leaders, Maintenance Person & Team Members
Manage the cinema by understanding and driving the commercial aspects of the business to deliver improved KPI’s across all areas. Deliver the business objectives and operational strategy through effective management of people and Cinema operations. Responsible for managing, coaching and motivating direct reports to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience and operational excellence. Provide an engaging work environment, championing succession and development opportunities for all. Be the Duty Manager for the cinema on a regular basis. Focused on delivering excellence in all areas of the business and supporting colleagues, whilst ensuring maximum contribution to the delivery of the business KPIs.
- Deputise for the General Manager (in the absence of a DGM)
- As a member of the management team, you will ensure the delivery of all business KPIs and strategy objectives.
- Ensure that the business is running efficiently, effectively and in line with your management training and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure any assigned area of responsibility is delivered in line with business requirements.
- Take ownership for own development and the development of your direct reports
- Implement, deliver and achieve your business and performance excellence objectives.
- Recruit, induct and train direct reports Engage teams to deliver improved business results through effective people management practices including coaching, mentoring and driving personal accountability, development and performance.
- Nurture a Customer focused environment by maximising front of house Management presence at key business times to improve the Customer journey and overall experience, making Cineworld the Best Place to Watch a Movie.
- Doing the right thing for customers to ensure that our brand standards and reputation are maintained.
- Ensure staff scheduling is managed accordingly to meet the demands of the business.
- Ensure the highest standard of film presentation, programming and scheduling, housekeeping, cleanliness, maintenance and operational standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the Health, Safety and wellbeing of all employees, customers and visitors is in line with health and safety policy, company procedures and operational guidelines.
- Mitigate incident risk by ensuring safety and security measures are implemented and continuously reviewed.
- Ensure all relevant licensing, legislative and business compliance is adhered to
- Maintain operational standards to Company expectation.
- Improve the management of cinema controllable P&L/petty cash expenditure and payroll costs in line with forecasts, targets and budgets.
- Reduce travel and accommodation costs through effective forward planning.
- Manage risk by minimising fraud, cash and stock loss within the business and maintain banking controls.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities including retail and Unlimited through effective management and wider promotional initiatives and incentives.
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- Is flexible on location (able to travel a reasonable distance / relocate as required)
- Good organisational skills. Good time management and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Numeracy and Literacy skills Customer facing experience.
- Supervisory or line management experience Comfortable working individually and as part of a team
- Full UK Driving licence
- Knowledge of film.
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office suite, industry bespoke software)
Key Skills & Behaviours
- Teamwork: Works co-operatively and collaboratively with others
- Leadership: Supports team to deliver their role
- Do The Right Thing: Loves film and always looking for ways to improve the cinema experience and customer journey
- Work With Pace: Able to go beyond their comfort zone
- Make a Difference: Takes a positive stand and communicates with passion