Customer Service Assistant - Hackney Picturehouse
Hackney Picturehouse is a community-minded 6 screen cinema with a spacious Bar Restaurant. This cinema has a varied film programme (including independent, foreign language and Screen Arts as well as blockbusters), fun high profile events and a friendly team who focus on creating the best experience for our patrons everyday.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic self-starter who can bring a passion for excellent customer service to this exciting venue.
Please note this is a part-time role offering 16-24 hours per week over any of the seven days with regular work at evenings and weekends. Availability at weekends and over the Christmas/New Year holidays is essential.
In return we offer an incredible package of staff perks with something for everyone.
* Competitive pay
* Double Pay On Bank Holidays
* Sales Bonuses
* Late Night Working Allowance
* Unlimited Free Cinema Tickets
* Free Guest Tickets
* Free Cineworld Tickets
* Free Hot and Draught Soft Drinks
* Food & Drinks Discounts
* Eye Care Vouchers
* Paid Breaks
* Increased Pension Contributions
* Cycle To Work Scheme
* Career Development Opportunities
* Company Sick Pay*
* Employee Assistance Plan
*after 1 years’ service.
Customer Service Assistant
DIRECT REPORT TO
N/A at this level
To welcome and serve visitors to the cinema in an individual and informed way whilst delivering the highest standard of customer service at all times. You will support the cinema team to promote the benefits of membership and continuously drive sales, whilst ensuring a smooth running of the cinema in line with policies and procedures. You will be fully trained to perform different duties at various times across the cinema. Your duties will include Box Office duties, Retail duties, Usher duties, Bar duties and Kitchen duties with particular attention paid to customer service in all areas.
Customer Service – You will:
- Deliver an excellent standard of customer service in line with the Picturehouse Experience Expectations through individuality, serving pleasantly and efficiently whilst managing queues effectively and having up to date product knowledge to maximise customer enjoyment and encourage repeat visits
- Guide customers to their seats where necessary; following the correct ticket verification procedure including Member card holders and ensuring every person who enters the cinema has a ticket
- Respond to verbal customer complaints/queries immediately, where appropriate using your own skill and knowledge to resolve or direct to an appropriate person who can assist
- Be knowledgeable about the cinema’s services and facilities
- Ensure all communication via radios is appropriate, clear and concise
- Provide information on performance start and finish times, films synopsis and film classification
- Be aware of the policy towards film piracy within the cinema and take appropriate action when necessary
- Be aware of and enforce all film classifications and identification procedure
- Ensure all lost property is correctly delivered to the appropriate area and logged in line with policy
- Monitor screens for piracy, picture & sound quality, temperature, customer disturbance and any H&S issues
Promoting Sales – You will:
- Be knowledgeable of current marketing promotions and raise customer awareness
- Ensure sales accuracy by processing transactions, memberships and discounts correctly and in line with policy
- Promote Membership through personal recommendations and upcoming films, highlighting the benefits and rewards of the Membership scheme
- Promote and encourage sales through organised and attractive displays using up to date POS, ensuring rotation of stock i.e. adhering to First In, First Out (FIFO) process; and suggesting suitable additional products (such as cake with coffee)
- Ensure all wastage is correctly recorded by following the wastage procedures
Health & Safety – You will:
- Follow the Food Hygiene Regulations and Health & Safety Policies
- Work efficiently using all pieces of equipment (you have been trained on) correctly and with care
- Inform management immediately of any breaches or issues within Health & Safety
- Help monitor maintenance or repairs advising the relevant people of any issues immediately
- Open and close all areas, ensuring the relevant supporting paperwork is completed.
- Undertake daily cinema cleaning including cinema, toilets, back of house areas, screens, cinema seating, all front of house areas and emptying and removing of rubbish as required
- Keep informed about business changes by attending staff meetings, reading staff notice boards and asking questions where appropriate
- Adhere to all current policies and procedures
Along with your main duties, you will also be expected to carry out any other duties that are reasonably asked of you.
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Confident in communication with customers and colleagues
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances
- Resourceful and able to work under pressure
- Available to work at key business times i.e. evenings and weekends
- Cash handling experience
- Experience in a service related industry
- An interest in and knowledge of film and Picturehouse’s programming strands
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and is therefore subject to amendment.