Chester Picturehouse is an exciting new 6 screen Cinema venue, opening this Autumn in the brand new Northgate development right in the heart of the city centre. We are looking for an talented and enthusiastic 24 hr Marketing Manager to join the team.
We will be playing a varied film programme showcasing the very best in independent, art-house, foreign-language and quality mainstream cinema from around the world.
In addition to a diverse programme of films, ranging from quality blockbusters to independent, classic, foreign-language, art-house, and documentaries. We will also shows live HD broadcasts of productions from world-class arts venues, such as the New York Metropolitan Opera and the Royal Opera House, theatre productions such as the Royal Shakespeare Company Live from Stratford-upon-Avon and National Theatre Live, art exhibitions and filmmaker Q&As.
Chester Picturehouse will feature a fantastic & varied food & beverage offer, and the very highest standards of customer service and presentation.
● Management of local social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) in line with the Picturehouse tone of voice guide and social media guidelines.
○ Daily posting across platforms
○ Social community engagement
○ Responding to customer enquiries
● Local Outreach to grassroots organisations and nurturing of relationships with, but not limited to
○ Parent groups
○ Accessibility groups
○ Under 25's
○ Influencers (film people, food people, local press, neighbouring businesses, etc)
● Creation and distribution of press releases for events, seasons, restaurant offers and venue announcements and the nurturing of relationships with local news and media outlets
● Managing POS displays and in-venue marketing for seasons, new menu & drinks options, new releases and campaigns
● Briefing FOH staff on new releases and Membership messaging, compiling ‘cheat sheets’ and weekly internal newsletters and ensuring teams promote on message
● Attending staff meetings - presenting on key films / key marketing briefs
● Executing marketing briefs from distributors via Head Office as required
● Championing the cinemas Membership scheme, alongside the venue General Manager, including
○ Liaising with the cinema team and working closely with the General Manager to grow the scheme by acquiring new members
○ Ensuring existing members get the most out of their membership
○ Promoting the food and drink discounts as a key focus alongside the cinema benefits
● Developing and maintaining relationships with local organisations and establishing Local Partners to enhance your Membership offering
● Ensuring internal and external food and drink marketing is effective and integrated throughout the cinema and its communications
● Helping to generate enquiries for private and corporate hires of all of the cinema’s spaces and increasing their profitability
● Excellent communication and writing skills
● Excellent social media skills and understanding of platform nuances
● Excellent customer service skills
● Understanding of digital venue marketing including Google Reviews, TripAdvisor, Facebook, and similar
● Passion for cinema and ability to champion all aspects of programming
● Passion for food & drink, and ability to champion our menu and drinks range
● Ability to think creatively and out of the box